Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has launched System Identification, Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) with a view to establish and block the smuggled and unregistered telephones in Pakistan. This weblog primarily focuses these individuals who wish to purchase Used and new telephones which could have Invalid IMEI.
The way to verify IMEI of the telephone that you’re shopping for
After giving a protracted leisure within the deadline, Lastly, PTA is sending Textual content messages to cellular customers asking them for the verification of smartphones earlier than October 20th. In an effort to keep away from Smartphone Blockage by PTA register your system.
The way to verify the IMEI of the used telephone by means of DIRBS?
For now, when shopping for a brand new/Used smartphone, be certain that to verify whether or not the system is registered or not. In an effort to verify whether or not your system has legitimate IMEI or invalid IMEI, one must confirm the IMEI variety of the system from the PTA IMEI Test mechanism.
For that one has to seek out the IMEI variety of the system which will be achieved from one of many following strategies:
- By Dialing *#06# in your cellular dial pad.
- The IMEI variety of the system is at all times printed on the field and system
- Maintain your telephone, Go to settings > About telephone > Standing > IMEI Data to extract the IMEI quantity.
- One other technique of getting System IMEI quantity is to take away again cowl and battery of your cell phone. You’ll discover IMEI contained in the Battery compartment (Solely relevant for cellular gadgets with detachable battery possibility).
- In an effort to verify IMEI of iPhone Go to Settings > Common > About (Solely relevant for IOS gadgets)
The way to Test your Cellphone has a Legitimate IMEI
After following one of many above-mentioned strategies, you’re going to get a 15 digit IMEI quantity. In an effort to confirm whether or not the IMEI variety of your system is PTA criticism, comply with any of those strategies:
- Internet Portal: go to http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/ > enter 15 Digit IMEI quantity > Press ‘Test’
- SMS: Kind your 15 digits IMEI in a message and ship it to 8484
- Android software: You’ll be able to verify if the IMEI is compliant or not by downloading the DIRBS app in your smartphone. Now Open the app and enter 15 digit IMEI quantity.
What does it imply when the telephone you might be shopping for saying IMEI is Compliant?
After efficiently coming into 15 digits IMEI quantity, you’ll obtain one of many following messages:
- “IMEI is compliant” which implies your system has a Compliant IMEI
- “System IMEI is Legitimate. Insert SIM and make a name/SMS to anybody on or earlier than 20/10/18 date for auto registration”.
- “System IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all of your SIMs on this system and use them earlier than 20/10/18 date to proceed utilizing this system”.
- “System IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen within the message”.
What does it imply when the telephone says “IMEI is non-compliant”?
Nevertheless, in case you have the plan to purchase a smartphone earlier than 20th October 2018, Purchase the system System. If the IMEI is non-compliant, it means your cellular system IMEI is both not allotted by GSMA or it’s duplicated. So insert all of your SIMs on this system and use them earlier than 20/10/18 date to proceed utilizing this system.
What does it imply when the telephone says System IMEI is blocked
Now if you’ll purchase a used telephone, there are possibilities which may be the system is stolen. Therefore upon checking you’re going to get “System IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen within the message” which can clearly notify that you just shouldn’t be shopping for this system being stolen.
So, Register Your Device Before October 20 to Keep away from Smartphone Blockage by PTA.